TCCU Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will this course prepare me to take the National Boards for Health and Wellness coaching exam?
• Yes. We are fully approved from NBHWC and meet all the educational requirements.
2. What are the qualifications of your instructors?
• All of our instructors are certified with NBHWC and are Certified Chronic Pain Management Coaches.
3. Do your instructors have experience coaching?
• Yes, all of our instructors are currently coaching chronic pain clients.
4. What certification will I receive by completing this course?
• You will receive the certification of Certified Health and Wellness Coach (CHWC), with an emphasis on chronic pain coaching and Motivational Interviewing.
5. Is there live practicum offered in classes?
• Yes, most classes have time built in to provide practice coaching with live feedback.
6. What are some of your class topics?
• Coaching Theory & Motivational Interviewing (MI)
• The Pain Brain and Neuroplasticity
• Active Listening and OARS
• Coaching Burnout
7. Is mentoring provided?
• Students are paired up with an instructor to receive one on one mentoring after each submitted practice coaching call. There will also be feedback during each class that provides coaching role play.
8. Will I need to travel at all?
• No, all classes are on-line and telephonic. You will have access to the TCCU Student Center on the internet where you’re learning materials, schedule, and more will be located.
9. Do I need a good internet connection?
• Yes, you will need a connection fast enough to stream video.
10. Can I view the class PowerPoint from any internet device?
• Yes. However, you will need a screen large enough to view the instructors PowerPoint to participate and benefit from the class.
11. Why should I take this coaching program versus others offered?
• Our coach training program is unique with its emphasis on chronic pain management using Motivational Interviewing methods. This training is an evidence-based approach to pain recovery that gives the client real tools and strategies for minimizing their pain.
12. How much does the TCCU Program cost and do you have payment plans?
• A one-time payment is $3,500.00. Two additional payment plans include 6 monthly payments of $650.00 each or 3 payments of $1,200.00 each.
• A $500.00 Non-refundable application fee is required to hold your seat in the class and is applied to the program cost. This is not a fee in addition to the program cost, but to reserve your seat in the class.
13. Are there any other fees in addition to the program fee?
• Yes. You are responsible to purchase your own books for our required reading assignments. These come to an average of $100.00 on Amazon (less if buying used and/or Kindle).
14. How many classes are each week?
• Every week there is one class (minus some holiday weeks) and approximately 9 weeks have an additional class.
15. How many classes are included in the program?
• There are 32 live classes and 6 recorded classes.
16. How many weeks is your program?
• Each course lasts 22-24 weeks depending on holidays.
17. How long is each class?
• Each live class is 2 hours long with a 5-minute break. The recorded classes are an average of 1 ½ hours each.
18. How much time should I plan to spend on work outside of classes?
• You should plan on 1-2 extra hours for each class for reading and homework assignments.
• A minimum of 3-5 hours (total) spent with Buddy Coaching and a minimum of 3 hours (total) for your Practical Skills Assessment (recorded practice coaching calls) are also needed.
19. What are the requirements to pass the course?
• Completion of all assignments and reading exams
• Submission of three recorded practice coaching sessions with passing one of them
• Completion of at least six buddy coaching sessions
• Passing the comprehensive exam with 80% or higher
• Attending and Logging all class attendance (live and recorded) and Buddy Coaching
• All course fees must be paid in full
20. What if I cannot attend a live class?
• You can miss up to four live classes. All classes are recorded and available to watch afterwards. If you miss a class, you must watch it as soon as possible and log your attendance as a recorded class.
21. Do you provide assistance for taking the NBHWC exam?
• We provide information and links about the application process. We do not provide clients for the coaching sessions NBHWC requires to apply to take the exam, nor do we cover any of the exam fees.